- China Pacific Insurance (Group) Co., Ltd. (CPIC)
- Industry: finance, insurance
- Website: http://www.cpic.com.cn
- Core Business: life insurance, property insurance, reinsurance
China Pacific Insurance (Group) Co., Ltd. (CPIC) is an insurance group basically constituted by China Pacific Insurance Company, a company established on May 13, 1991. The head office of CPIC is located in Shanghai. CPIC is a leading AH-share integrated insurance group in China, providing a broad range of risk and protection solutions, investment and wealth management, and asset management services for almost 90 million customers through a nationwide marketing network and diversified service platforms. In 2017, CPIC ranks 252th among Fortune 500 companies.
• High construction and O&M costs: A new platform requires servers, equipment rooms, and maintenance resources.
• Quick service rollout: Data collection and analysis services are sensitive to time and require quick rollout. In self-construction mode, infrastructure preparation and platform construction take a long time, which cannot meet service requirements.
• Resource requirements for data collection and analysis services change during different periods. For example, the resources required during service peak hours are several times more than those required during normal periods.
• Data security: Data on the collection and analysis platform is an important asset for enterprises and needs to be protected by an enterprise-level security mechanism.
To cope with the service challenges of CPIC's data collection and analysis platform, Huawei provides a Dedicated Cloud solution to help CPIC quickly roll out services.
• Elastic Cloud Server (ECS) enables flexible service expansion by allowing enterprises to quickly modify configurations and the number of ECSs.
• Elastic Load Balance (ELB) enables proper traffic distribution.
• Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) enables quick networking on the cloud.
• WebScan and Web Application Firewall (WAF) ensure enterprise-level tenant security.
• Reduced investment: Instead of purchasing severs, building equipment rooms, and investing in system maintenance, CPIC runs data collection and analysis services on HUAWEI CLOUD, reducing investment costs.
• Quick service rollout: Services running on HUAWEI CLOUD do not require servers and can be used as required, which speeds up the service rollout.
• Elastic scaling: CPIC purchases resources as required to meet service requirements during service peak hours and avoid wasting resources during normal periods.
• Data security: Internet data collection and analysis platforms are built in public cloud environments to isolate Internet services from intranet production environments, ensuring the protections of the intranet environments. In addition, WebScan and WAF protect enterprise-level tenant data.