- Guangdong Topstar Technology Co., Ltd.
- Industry: manufacturing
- Website: http://www.topstarltd.com/
- Scope: industrial robots and mechanical automation
Topstar is a GEM listed provider of smart manufacturing services (Abbr. TOPSTAR, stock code: 300607), focusing on the R&D, manufacturing, and sale of the industrial robots. They are an ideal representative of intelligent equipment, dedicated to system integration, product manufacturing, and software development — the three in one integration of industrial robot ecosystem and turn-key automation solutions. By adhering to the adage "Let Industrial Civilization Return To The Natural Beauty" and the core value "one year investment return for the automation solution", their business has maintained rapid growth. They have served about 4000 customers in domestic and oversea markets, including well-known Fortune 500 companies. Their sales and service networks are all over China and the products have been exported to more than 30 countries in regions such as Asia, America, Europe, and Africa.
When Topstar with its limited resources and in this increasingly competitive market, realized it needed its own intelligent and service-based production, it needed to connect to various information systems, including ERP, MES, CRM, CAD/CAE, and OA. In this way, the company was able to quickly respond to business challenges of industry 4.0. The company's former information management systems were isolated. It needed an intelligent cloud platform with unlimited expansion to accommodate all the new services.
The overall achievement from collective efforts was the Huawei SAP cloud solution. Topstar as a provider of smart manufacturing services proposed using software to drive hardware. Improving information-based management and enterprise operation efficiency was especially essential to this plan. HUAWEI CLOUD experts fully communicated with the SAP consulting team of Jing Tong Technology, deeply analyzed the various service scenarios and systems of Topstar. They jointly formulated effective and feasible solutions in accordance with the best practices of SAP S/4HANA and the advanced planning of Industry 4.0. To ensure that new SAP services could be deployed and rolled out within four hours, a self-service cloud resource pool was built on HUAWEI CLOUD for the Topstar business department. This was done to reduce their initial investment costs for IT data centers, changing CAPEX to OPEX, supporting linear scaling for resources, and implementing payment-per-use for the manufacturing & management supply chains. HUAWEI CLOUD provided HANA and servers with up to 4 TB of memory capacity, fulfilling the business growth requirements of Topstar's smart manufacturing for the next three to five years. Huawei and Jing Tong Technology provided Topstar with cloud-based SAP system consultations and daily O&M services.
Device data is collected in Topstar's Manufacturing Execution System (MES). The data is further analyzed by the supply chain, finance, customer management, and after-sales service systems. Based on these analyses, manufacturing and service processes are optimized. In this way, real-time, accurate, and reliable manufacturing data is provided for the management of the company, improving core competitive strength in this Smart Manufacturing Era.
Using the Huawei SAP cloud solution, Huawei's one-stop infrastructure, and other provided services, Topstar has gained the following benefits in smart manufacturing and digital transformation:
• Quick deployment and rollout of IT projects meet the business department's time requirements for the SAP project.
• In accordance with the SAP service modules and HUAWEI CLOUD, a standard service process with complete data has been provided. The management process has been integrated with the finance, production, personnel management, and production O&M processes, providing decision-making information for smart manufacturing.
• The high-performance HANA cloud platform deployed using HUAWEI CLOUD is used to build a real-time computing system, streamlining data association between upstream and downstream services in the company's value chain.
• Business focus is switched from single-system efficiency to digital resource integration, helping customers integrate upstream and downstream IT resources to achieve on-demand spending and smooth expansion.
• IT service architecture is adjusted to reduce service risks and support centralized business management, promoting enterprise digital transformation.