OBS Service Level Agreement
OBS Service Level Agreement
The OBS Service Level Agreement ("this Agreement") is an integral part of the HUAWEI CLOUD User Agreement signed between you and HUAWEI CLOUD. Terms in this Agreement are as defined in the HUAWEI CLOUD User Agreement unless otherwise stated in this Agreement.
- 1.1 "Service Availability Time" is the availability in minutes within one billing month, or billing period rounded up to the nearest month. The time is counted by deducting the Service Unavailability Time from the total time in the billing month.
- 1.2 "Service Unavailability" is evidence from the OBS system log that OBS was inaccessible for five (5) or more consecutive minutes because of HUAWEI CLOUD. Any unavailability caused by system maintenance (including cutover, maintenance, and upgrade), service suspension, third parties, force majeure, or by yourself, is not considered Service Unavailability.
- 1.3 "Service Unavailability Time" is the total duration of Service Unavailability within one billing month. Any Service Unavailability Time shall be counted and included in the compensation application only once and shall not be used for the next compensation application.
- 1.4 "Service Availability Rate" is a percentage of OBS's monthly service availability using the following formula: Monthly Service Availability Rate = (Service Availability Time in a billing month/Total minutes in a billing month) x 100%. Billing periods are rounded up to the nearest month.
- 2.1 Service Functions
Functions provided by HUAWEI CLOUD are subject to the OBS user guide published on the HUAWEI CLOUD official website. HUAWEI CLOUD reserves the right to update service functions and related documents when necessary. Refer to the HUAWEI CLOUD official website for the latest versions of these documents.
- 2.2 Fault Recovery Capability
- 2.2.1 By making reasonable commercial and technical effort, HUAWEI CLOUD promises you an average weekly maintenance period of up to thirty (30) minutes in the service period. HUAWEI CLOUD shall notify you of system unavailability caused by routine maintenance three (3) days in advance by published announcement, text message, email, phone call, or other appropriate means. Maintenance downtime caused by you, third parties, or force majeure is not counted in the Service Maintenance Time.
- 2.2.2 By making reasonable technical and administrative effort, HUAWEI CLOUD shall take control measures such as fault monitoring and fast fault locating to ensure rapid service recovery.
- 2.2.3 Apply for service support by submitting an online work order to HUAWEI CLOUD or dialing the service hotline. HUAWEI CLOUD provides technical support on a 7 (days) x 24 (hours) basis. HUAWEI CLOUD promises to reply within two (2) hours of receiving your application. HUAWEI CLOUD accepts customer complaints on a 5 (days) x 8 (hours) basis and promises to reply within one (1) hour during work hours (Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 18:00, China Standard Time, holidays excepted) of receiving a complaint.
- 2.3 Service Availability
HUAWEI CLOUD makes reasonable commercial and technical effort to meet the following standards for Service Availability Rate of OBS.
- 2.3.1 For OBS Standard storage: HUAWEI CLOUD promises you a Service Availability Rate of up to 99.9%. That is, the Service Unavailability Time of each month shall not exceed 0.1% of the total service time. Should HUAWEI CLOUD fail to keep the promise, HUAWEI CLOUD will make compensation for you in accordance with Clause 3.
- 2.3.2 For OBS Infrequent Access storage: HUAWEI CLOUD promises you a Monthly Service Availability Rate of up to 99%. That is, the Service Unavailability Time of each month shall not exceed 1% of the total service time. Should HUAWEI CLOUD fail to keep the promise, HUAWEI CLOUD will make compensation for you in accordance with Clause 3. You understand and acknowledge that the Service Availability Rate of different services may vary. For details about the Service Availability Rate of a service, see the Service Level Agreement of that service.
- 2.4 Data Disposal
By making reasonable technical effort, HUAWEI CLOUD shall automatically delete your data if you so require during or after the service period. Before cloud service devices are discarded, HUAWEI CLOUD shall perform operations such as degaussing to completely delete all user data.
- 2.5 Data Migration
HUAWEI CLOUD shall make reasonable technical effort to enable you to migrate data into and out of the service environment.
- 2.6 Data Privacy
HUAWEI CLOUD shall make reasonable technical effort to take measures including but not limited to network isolation and access control to ensure that user data and resources are isolated from and invisible to the data and resources of other users.
- 2.7 Network Access Capability
HUAWEI CLOUD makes technical and commercial effort to enable users to choose their own bandwidth spectrum. Information about bandwidth spectrum and fee can be found on the order page on the HUAWEI CLOUD official website. Details are subject to the information on the official website.
- 2.8 Service Security Assistance
HUAWEI CLOUD shall provide reasonable technical and administrative effort to assist you in the case of a security event or suspected security threat.
- 2.9 Service Measurement Accuracy
HUAWEI CLOUD makes reasonable technical and commercial effort to establish an accurate charging system. The charging modes of different services shall be subject to the charging models and standards released by the HUAWEI CLOUD official website.
- 3.1 Should HUAWEI CLOUD fail to fulfill the commitment on the Service Availability Rate specified in Clause 2.3 herein, HUAWEI CLOUD shall compensate you with Compensation Time, that is, a hundredfold equivalent of the Service Unavailability Time. HUAWEI CLOUD may convert Compensation Time into equivalent coupons, which are not exchangeable for cash, and refund them to you. In any case, the total compensation amount within the service period shall not exceed the fee that you have paid to HUAWEI CLOUD for the service that is unavailable. The total compensation provided by HUAWEI CLOUD is limited to the preceding compensation.
- 3.2 In case of failure of service provisioning, configuration modification or deletion, or losses to your service time or fees from HUAWEI CLOUD's charging error, HUAWEI CLOUD shall compensate the losses to you. HUAWEI CLOUD may convert such compensation into coupons to you. Coupons are equivalent to the paid but lost service fees, and are not exchangeable for cash. The total compensation provided by HUAWEI CLOUD is limited to the preceding compensation.
- 1. The Work Order Type shall be "Financial";
- 2. The Problem Type shall be "Compensation";
- 3. The Problem Description includes your account, time and occurrences of Service Unavailability, and the access log of the OBS service as ordered by you.
- 5.1 Unavailability caused by the following shall not be counted in the Service Unavailability Time:
- 5.1.1 Force Majeure
- 5.1.2 Necessary system maintenance
- 5.1.3 You or any third party, including but not limited to:
- 1. Internet backbone network failure
- 2. Consequences of your content or applications being attacked or infected with viruses in the network
- 3. Your failure to comply with contract clauses and laws and regulations concerned
- 5.1.4 Service suspension as agreed in the contract