Document Database Service (DDS)
Document Database Service (DDS) is a database service compatible with the MongoDB protocol and is secure, highly available, reliable, scalable, and easy to use based on Huawei high-performance storage. It provides DB instance creation, scaling, redundancy, backup, restoration, monitoring, and alarm reporting functions with just a few clicks on the DDS console.
Join the open beta to claim a limited free trial. Learn more
Provides a multi-layer security defense system containing virtual private clouds (VPCs), subnets, security groups, distributed denial of service (DDoS) prevention, and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) security access to defend against network attacks.
Contains at least two mongos, each of which is deployed as a replica set, to ensure service reliability.
Uses the high availability (HA) architecture in which each replica set consists of three types of nodes that can automatically synchronize data with each other.
Allows you to set backup policies. By default, DDS backs up data and uploads the backup data to the Object Storage Service (OBS) every day to improve system redundancy.
Provides the data restoration function, enabling you to use backup files to restore data to new DB instances to prevent irreversible impacts caused by misoperations.
Monitors DB instance information, including CPU utilization, input/output operations per second (IOPS), number of connections, network throughput, and storage space in real time, and reports alarms in case of exceptions to inform you of DB instance status anytime, anywhere.
Provides the management console for you to perform operations such as restarting, deploying, and creating DB instances and restoring data with just a few clicks.
DDS provides schema-free to meet ever-changing requirements in the game industry, reducing R&D time and costs.
Mobile Apps and MapsDDS supports two-dimensional space indexes for mobile applications (Apps) and maps that have location query requests.
Internet of Things (IoT) applications generate terabytes of data and have high requirements of data write performance and low requirements of data read performance.
Content management system (CMS) has a large amount of data and queries and the data is non-structured and diverse. DDS provides performance Schema-free, GridFS, shards to support CMS applications.
Easy to Use
- You can create a DB instance with just a few clicks.
- You can scale up a DB instance with just a few clicks.
- You can manage your DB instances and accounts, back up and restore data, monitor DB instances, and set alarm thresholds on the management console.
Comprehensive Monitoring Function
- DDS provides up to 50 performance monitoring metrics, including CPU, memory, IOPS, transactions per second (TPS), query per second (QPS), storage space, number of connections, and network traffic. In addition, DDS can store data of the last one month.
Backup and Restoration
- Automated backup: You can set the backup period based on service status. DDS backs up files based on your backup policy and uploads backup files to the OBS. The backup files can be stored on the OBS for seven days.
- Data restoration: You can use backup files to create DB instances with just a few clicks on the DDS console to restore DB instance data.
- Supporting access through VPC
- Supporting access through SSL