As a streamlined version of the SAP HANA platform, the express edition of SAP HANA provides most of SAP HANA's core features, including streaming analytics, Fiori (UI development framework), and enhanced data consolidation. It is free of charge for in-memory databases that are up to 32 GB. With SAP HANA, express edition, you can develop and deploy applications, build and demonstrate prototypes, or deploy prototypes as a production system.
- SAP HANA is a database that complies with ACID and ANSI SQL standards. It uses columns to store compressed data in the memory and concurrently processes data across multiple processor cores. This eliminates bottlenecks caused by disks, significantly improving performance.
- SAP HANA analysis covers not only traditional database analysis, but also includes Predictive Analysis Library (PAL), text analysis, search analysis, graphic analysis, and stream analysis.
- With SAP HANA, you can store, process, and visualize geographic data. You can also perform operations such as distance calculation, determine the union and intersection of multiple objects, and integrate geographic data with other structured data.
Supported System Types
Development, test, and production systems
- Scenarios requiring HANA only or supporting all third-party applications
- Data marts, data analysis, and big data
- 4 vCPUs and 32 GB of memory
- Free SAP HANA development software licenses provided by SAP
- SAP HANA, express edition, server-only; SAP HANA, express edition with XS Advanced applications
- SAP HANA, express edition, server-only can connect to SAP HANA through the HANA SQL client and provides the following functions: HANA database, HANA analysis and prediction (PAL), External Machine Learning (EML), and advanced analysis.
- SAP HANA, express edition with XS Advanced applications provides all of the functions of SAP HANA, express edition, server-only in addition to an SAP Web IDE development environment, cockpit management tools, SHINE interactive instruction, and Smart Data Streaming (streaming analytics). It also supports Open Data Protocol (OData), Node.js, and Java.