IoT Device Access Service Statement
IoT Device Access Service Statement
By using the Internet of Things (IoT) Device Access service (hereinafter referred to as "IoTDA" or "the Service"), you fully understand and agree to the terms of this IoT Device Access Service Statement (hereinafter referred to as the "Statement"). Otherwise, you shall cease using the Service immediately. This Statement is entered into by and between Huawei Cloud (hereinafter referred to as "we", "us", or "our") and you or the entity you represent (hereinafter referred to as "you" or "your"). If you are located in Thailand, this Statement is entered into by and between Huawei Technologies (Thailand) Co., Ltd., (hereinafter referred to as "Huawei Cloud" or "we", "us", or "our"), and you or the entity you represent (hereinafter referred to as "you" or "your").
The Service provides functions such as device fleet access, bidirectional communications between devices and the cloud, batch device management, remote operation and management (O&M), over-the-air (OTA) upgrade, and device linkage rules. It can also flexibly forward device data to other Huawei Cloud services. Using IoTDA, you can quickly connect devices to the IoT platform ("Platform") and integrate your applications.
2.1 Data Collection
You understand and agree that in order for us to provide the Service to you, you shall authorize us to collect and use the information you collect and control. Such information includes:
(1) Product and device information entered when you create products and devices. Such information is used by the Platform to display products and devices and provide functions (such as device management and product modification).
(2) Device version information: Such information is used by the Platform to determine whether to provide software or firmware upgrades.
(3) Device IP addresses: IP addresses are used only for bilateral communications between the Platform and devices.
(4) Operations logs: These logs are used for audit and backtracking.
(5) Interaction logs between devices and the Platform: If the device communications are abnormal, recent interaction logs shall be used for O&M.
The above information is absolutely essential for us to provide the Service. If you do not provide the above information or forbid us from collecting or using it, we will not be able to provide the Service to you.
2.2 Data Storage
All the above information is stored in the country you select and will be destroyed when you unsubscribe from the Service.
All the above information will be deleted after you stop using the Service. The IP address information will not be recorded and will be automatically deleted in seven days.
2.3 Data Protection
We shall adopt reasonable and proper security measures (administrative safeguard, physical safeguard, and technical safeguard) to protect the security and confidentiality of the above information stored in the service environment. We shall not access or use your content unless required in order to provide you with necessary services, or in compliance with laws or legal binding orders, or to support or assist law enforcement organizations with regard to the investigation and prosecution of civil or criminal or administrative proceedings.
3.Representations and Warranties
You understand that we are not liable for unavailability of the Service due to the following reasons:
(1) Network faults, device faults, or configuration adjustment of non-Huawei devices.
(2) Hacker attacks on your applications.
(3) Data (including passwords) leakage or loss due to your own actions.
(4) Your violations of the information control, traffic control, or information security control rules of the Platform.
(5) Your failure to comply with the product documentation or usage recommendations of the Service.
(6) Regulatory requirements.
You understand and warrant that the information you provide to us in respect of the Service is true, accurate, legal, and valid. If the information you provide violates this warranty, you shall be held liable for any and all consequences.
We may update service requirements according to changes of our services and/or policies and release them via this Statement. You are advised to review this Statement periodically for any changes.
Last updated: August 19, 2022