Anti-DDoS Service Statement
Anti-DDoS Service Statement
This Statement (hereinafter referred to as "Statement" or "Agreement") introduces the rights, obligations, and responsibilities of users for using Huawei Cloud services. Please read the clauses carefully and fully understand them, especially those highlighted in bold that have significant impact on your rights such as limitations and exclusions of liability.
You understand and agree that by using any service in this Agreement, you are deemed to have read and agree to the General Terms of Service in this Agreement and the dedicated terms for the services you use. That is, this Agreement shall be legally binding on you. If you do not agree to part or all of the terms of this Agreement, you shall stop using relevant services.
1. General Terms of Service
1.1 Contracting Entity
This Agreement is entered into by and between Huawei Cloud Contracting Party ("Huawei Cloud", "we", "us", or "our") as defined in HUAWEI CLOUD CUSTOMER Agreement and you (or "User"). Once this Agreement takes effect, it has legal effect between you and Huawei Cloud. You acknowledge that you shall be a natural person, legal person, or other organization that has full capacity for civil rights and capacity for conducting civil acts. If you do not have the preceding qualifications, do not use this service. Otherwise, you and your guardian shall bear all consequences caused thereby. In addition, Huawei Cloud has the right to cancel (permanently freeze) your account and claim compensation from you and your guardian. In the event that you register on behalf of a company or other legal entity or use this service in a manner permitted by Huawei Cloud, you represent and warrant that you have the right to make the company or legal entity bound by the terms of this Agreement.
1.2 Separate Agreement
If you subscribe to this service offline, purchase this service through our partners, or purchase partner products that integrate this service, you may sign a separate agreement with us or our partners. You acknowledge and agree that you will remain bound by the separate agreement mentioned in this article if you are authorized to access and use this service. In the event of any conflict between this Agreement and the separate agreement, the separate agreement shall prevail.
1.3 Agreement Update
This Agreement is subject to change. We will notify you of any changes to this Agreement by posting a notice on our website or by other means. You can also visit the official website to read the latest service agreement. If you do not agree to the contents listed in the latest statement, stop using this service. If you continue to use this service, it means that you understand and agree to the latest statement.
1.4 Service Maintenance
We may maintain this service through application upgrade, patch installation, or bug fixing on an irregular basis. We will make our best commercial efforts to notify you of such maintenance (except for emergency maintenance). You agree to make your best and reasonable efforts to comply with any notified cooperation requirements.
1.5 Your Content
1.5.1 The definition and regulations on your content are in accordance with the HUAWEI CLOUD Customer Agreement. You can view the definition and regulations at https://www.huaweicloud.com/intl/en-us/declaration/sa_cua.html.
1.5.2 In terms of your content, except as required by laws and regulations or for your use of this service, Huawei Cloud is entrusted to process your data only in accordance with your authorization and instructions and the agreement between you and us.
1.5.3 You have the right to upload, delete, and modify your content. Exercise caution when deleting or modifying data and bear the consequences of the operations.
1.5.4 You shall back up your data as required. Huawei Cloud provides data backup services only in accordance with relevant laws and regulations.
1.6 You are committed to being responsible for your end users. If your end users violate laws and regulations when using services related to this Agreement, or improperly use related services and cause damages to third parties or Huawei Cloud, you shall be liable for the compensation.
1.7 Our Limited Warranties
1.7.1 The provision of a Huawei Cloud service is based on the availability status and product features of the cloud service at the time of provisioning, and does not constitute a commitment of Huawei Cloud to providing the cloud service for a long time after a certain lifecycle of the cloud service ends.
1.7.2 You understand and agree to our limited warranty in terms of the SLA in Clause 4.3 "Our Limited Warranty" of the HUAWEI CLOUD Customer Agreement that can be obtained at https://www.huaweicloud.com/intl/en-us/declaration/sa_cua.html.
1.8 Representations by Both Parties
1.8.1 You understand and agree that your use of the service must comply with applicable laws and regulations. We only provide a standard service upon your requests and are not responsible for the legal compliance of your use. If we reasonably believe that you have violated laws, regulations, or the rights of third parties when using this service, or violated the terms of related agreements (including Legal Statement, Privacy Statement, Acceptable Use Policy, HUAWEI CLOUD Customer Agreement, and other agreements related to you on the Huawei Cloud official website) ("Prohibited Content"), we have the right to delete prohibited content, prohibit your use of related services and access to related content, or suspend services. In addition, you shall compensate for all losses caused to Huawei Cloud due to your faults.
1.8.2 Huawei Cloud provides O&M only for Huawei Cloud services. You shall ensure the security and stability of your network and devices. If any device fault or network interruption occurs due to your own or third-party reasons, you shall resolve the issue in a timely manner to avoid impact on Huawei Cloud services.
1.8.3 When the lifecycle of a specific cloud service product reaches the end of marketing (EOM), end of service and support (EOS), or end of all service activities, we will make our best commercial efforts to notify you. After reading and understanding the notification, you can agree to upgrade related services or migrate related services to updated software and hardware.
1.9.1 You understand and agree that Huawei Cloud is not liable for unavailability of this service in the following situations:
(1) Service unavailability or any legal consequences caused by your refusal to provide relevant information or the information provided does not meet service requirements
(2) Service unavailability due to force majeure
(3) Service unavailability due to your reasons or other non-Huawei Cloud reasons
(4) Service unavailability during regular service maintenance
1.9.2 You understand and agree that before the lifecycle of a specific cloud service reaches the end of all service activities, we will make our best commercial efforts to notify you. You need to migrate or upgrade related workloads within a certain time window based on the notification of Huawei Cloud. If you do not proactively upgrade your cloud service products, you agree that Huawei Cloud has the right to automatically upgrade the cloud service products to the new version. We shall not be liable for any potential service suspension or unavailability and you shall bear any losses incurred therefrom.
2. Service Terms of Anti-DDoS Service (AAD)
2.1 Service Content
AAD is provided based on traffic scrubbing and blackhole routing. You can purchase AAD resources based on your peak traffic. Within the scope of your purchase, AAD cleans traffic and block abnormal traffic to mitigate DDoS attacks.
2.2 Collection and processing of your personal information
2.3 Service Pricing
2.3.1 Huawei Cloud publishes the billing mode and price system of AAD on the Huawei Cloud official website. For details about the billing rules, see the billing description at https://support.huaweicloud.com/intl/en-us/aad/index.html. Yearly/monthly services cannot be unsubscribed from in the middle of a subscription period, and the used services cannot be refunded.
2.3.2 You shall keep your account balance sufficient to ensure continuous use of the service. Huawei Cloud reserves the right not to provide services and/or technical support to you or terminate the services and/or technical support before you pay the fees as agreed. In addition, Huawei Cloud reserves the right to investigate legal liabilities for arrears in postpaid services.
2.3.3 If both parties are willing to continue the cooperation after the service period expires, you shall pay the renewal fee before the service period expires. If Huawei Cloud adjusts the product system, name, or price during the renewal, both parties agree to fulfill the terms according to the new product system, name, or price.
2.3.4 You understand and agree that Huawei Cloud has the right to irregularly adjust the AAD product system, name, price, and billing mode based on the operation performance. Huawei Cloud will use its best and reasonable efforts to notify you of the adjustments and changes in advance through official website announcements, internal notifications, or send to your reserved contact information in advance.
2.3.5 Huawei Cloud has the right to launch promotional activities from time to time based on its own service promotion requirements. You fully understand that all promotional activities and service promotion services are one-off promotions provided by Huawei Cloud. The promotion content does not include the modification, update, and maintenance fees of free service items, and the promotional service items cannot be used to offset the service fee.
2.4 Rights and Obligations
2.4.1 Your Rights and Obligations
18.104.22.168 You shall pay for the service in accordance with the prompts on Huawei Cloud pages and the Terms of Service.
22.214.171.124 You promise:
(1) You will not use this service to sell protection services such as Anti-DDoS and DNS.
(2) If you need to obtain the permission or approval of the relevant national authorities to use Anti-DDoS to protect your website or business, you must obtain the permission or approval. The requirement includes but is not limited to the following content:
a. If your website provides non-operational Internet information services, you must apply for non-operational website filing, ensure that all filing information submitted is authentic and valid, and submit updated information in the filing system in time when the filing information changes.
b. If your website provides operational Internet information services, you must also obtain an operational website license from the local communications management department.
c. If you operate an Internet game website, you must have the Network Culture Business License;
d. If you operate an Internet video website, you must have the License for Publication of Audio-Visual Programs through Information Network.
e. As required by relevant laws and regulations, if your website provides information or services related to specific industries, such as news, publishing, education, healthcare, medicine, and medical devices, you must obtain a pre-approval before applying for a business certificate or an ICP filing, and obtain the approval documents of the relevant governmental departments.
f. You understand and acknowledge that the above list does not exhaust all types of licenses or approvals that you need to obtain from relevant national authorities to carry out business or non-business activities. You shall obtain relevant licenses or approvals and comply with relevant national and local laws and regulations from time to time.
(3) If you use the service resources of nodes in the Chinese mainland to provide website services, complete Internet Content Provider (ICP) filing according to the Measures for the Archival Administration of Non-operational Internet Information Services (for details, see https://support.huaweicloud.com/intl/en-us/icp/index.html). If you fail to complete filing, Huawei Cloud has the right to take measures, including but not limited to suspending services, against you in accordance with the HUAWEI CLOUD Customer Agreement and Acceptable Use Policy, and request you to compensate for all losses caused to Huawei Cloud.
(4) Unless expressly permitted by Huawei Cloud, you cannot modify, translate, adapt, lease, sublicense, or transfer the software or service provided by Huawei Cloud or spread it on an information network or perform reverse engineering, decompilation, or other actions in an attempt to obtain the source code of the software provided by Huawei Cloud.
(5) The services that you use Anti-DDoS to protect must comply with the laws and regulations of the places where the servers and service objects are located. Do not use the service to engage in any illegal activities.
(6) If your business is conducted in China, do not engage in the following illegal activities, including but not limited to:
a. Political propaganda and/or news violating national regulations;
b. Information involving national secrets and/or security;
c. Information on superstition and/or obscenity, pornography, vulgarness, or crime abetting;
d. Gambling lotteries, gambling games, illegal private servers, illegal plug-ins, and other illegal Internet publish activities;
e. Violating national ethnicity and religion policies;
f. Damaging Internet security;
g. Damaging interests and rights of citizens and/or activities damaging the social order, social security, and public ethics;
h. Miscellaneous contents violating laws, regulations, rules of governmental departments, or national policies.
(7) Do not engage in any other activities that violate laws, regulations, or Huawei Cloud service terms.
(8) Do not develop or use related devices/configurations to run programs or processes irrelevant to purchased services, or write malicious code to occupy a large amount of server memory, CPU, or network bandwidth resources on the platform (hereinafter referred to as the cloud platform) consisting of Huawei Cloud computing resources (including anti-DDoS, network bandwidth, and storage space), which result in heavy loads on the networks, servers (including but not limited to local, remote, and international networks and servers), products, and applications of the Huawei Cloud cloud platform or of Huawei Cloud users; interrupted communication between Huawei Cloud and the Internet, between Huawei Cloud and specific networks or servers, or inside Huawei Cloud; server breakdown or unavailability of the servers where Huawei Cloud products and services or other Huawei Cloud user websites are located; or inaccessibility of users' products or applications based on the cloud platform.
(9) Do not compromise or attempt to compromise network security through actions, including but not limited to phishing; hacking; network fraudulence; spreading viruses, Trojan horses, or malicious codes in websites or network spaces; or using virtual servers to attack other websites or servers by scanning, sniffing, ARP spoofing, or DDoS attacks.
(10) Do not change or attempt to change the system configuration provided by Huawei Cloud or damage the system security.
(11) Do not use the services provided by Huawei Cloud to engage in any behaviors that damage the legitimate rights and interests of Huawei Cloud, its affiliates, or Huawei Group, including but not limited to the consumer business, enterprise business, and carrier business (hereinafter referred to as Huawei). Behaviors that damage the legitimate rights and interests of Huawei and its websites include but are not limited to violating any service agreements/clauses, management regulations, and transaction rules published by Huawei; and damaging or attempting to damage Huawei's fair transaction environment or transaction order.
(12) If Huawei Cloud finds that you violate the preceding terms, it has the right to take corresponding measures, including but not limited to immediately suspending or terminating the services you use. If you violate the above warranties and cause losses to Huawei Cloud (including Huawei Cloud affiliates) or Huawei Cloud partners, you shall assume all legal liabilities and compensate for the losses.
(13) If a third-party organization or individual raises doubts or complaints against you, Huawei Cloud will notify you that you have the responsibility to explain and provide proof materials within the specified time. If you fail to provide proof materials or fail to provide feedback within the specified time, Huawei Cloud will take measures including but not limited to immediately suspending or terminating the services you use. If you are not reachable because you do not update your contact in time or your contact is incorrect, it is deemed that you do not provide feedback within the specified period.
(14) Huawei Cloud shall not be liable for any loss caused to you by taking measures such as suspending or terminating services in accordance with Clause (12) or (13).
126.96.36.199 You shall not install or use pirated software on Huawei Cloud services or platforms. You shall assume full responsibility for the consequences caused by your actions (including installing software and performing other operations).
188.8.131.52 You are responsible for the integrity and confidentiality of your data stored on the Huawei Cloud platform, and of the passwords used to access and manage products and services on the Huawei Cloud platform. You shall be liable for all losses and consequences caused by the loss or disclosure of the preceding data or passwords due to your improper maintenance, storage, or other operations.
184.108.40.206 You shall provide Huawei Cloud with the relevant contact persons for implementing the Terms of Service, the name list and contact information of the personnel who manage your user network and various products and services on the cloud platform, and any necessary assistance. Should the preceding points of contact change, you are to update that information online and notify Huawei Cloud of changes in a timely manner. You shall be responsible for consequences caused by inauthentic, inaccurate, or incomplete information or because the preceding personnel perform operations incorrectly or fail to fulfill their responsibilities.
220.127.116.11 You understand that Huawei Cloud cannot guarantee that the services they provide are completely flawless (for example, Huawei Cloud security products cannot guarantee the absolute security of your hardware or software), but Huawei Cloud promises to continuously improve its service quality and service level. Therefore, you agree that even if the services provided by Huawei Cloud have defects, that defects are inevitable due to technological limitations of the industry and shall not be deemed as a breach of contract by Huawei Cloud. You also agree to work with Huawei Cloud to rectify these defects.
18.104.22.168 You shall perform operations following related operation guides. You are responsible for what you manually set and the consequences thus incurred. Control risks when performing operations.
22.214.171.124 The Anti-DDoS service is included in the purchased protection bandwidth. If your attack traffic may exceed the protection bandwidth you purchased, you need to upgrade the protection bandwidth in a timely manner. Otherwise, the attacks may interrupt your services.
2.4.2 Huawei Cloud's Rights and Obligations
126.96.36.199 Huawei Cloud shall provide you with services in accordance with the Terms of Service and the service standards on the product page.
188.8.131.52 During the service period, Huawei Cloud provides a 24/7 online service ticket system and after-sales service hotline to answer your questions.
184.108.40.206 Huawei Cloud will rectify faults caused by non-human operations, except for those caused by your actions, force majeure, or those beyond the control of Huawei Cloud.
220.127.116.11 Huawei Cloud provides technical support specified in the Terms of Service, but is not liable for any impact or loss caused by your actions (including but not limited to poor code quality, human negligence, and inadequate security management).
2.5 Intellectual Property
2.5.1 You acknowledge that Huawei Cloud and its partners retain all intellectual property rights to any materials, technologies, technical support, software, and services they provide to you. Unless expressly agreed by Huawei Cloud or its partners, you have no right to copy, spread, transfer, license, or provide such resources to others.
2.6.1 Confidential information refers to all technical and non-technical information disclosed by one party to the other party (including but not limited to product materials, product plans, prices, financial and marketing plans, business strategies, customer information, customer data, R&D, software and hardware, API data, technical descriptions, designs, special formulas, and special algorithms).
2.6.2 Both parties in the Terms of Service mutually commit to maintaining the confidentiality of each other's preceding information. They shall take all necessary measures to ensure that their respective employees with access to the preceding confidential information adhere strictly to the confidentiality obligations specified in this clause. Unless required by government authorities in accordance with applicable laws or if the preceding confidential information has entered the public domain, the party receiving said confidential information shall refrain from disclosing the information to the public.
2.6.3 Both parties in the Terms of Service clearly recognize that their user information and business data are their respective assets and key confidential information. Both parties agree to protect the preceding confidential information from being disclosed. In the event of the disclosure of the preceding confidential information, both parties shall cooperate and take all reasonable measures to avoid or mitigate the consequences of the damage.
2.6.4 This clause shall not become invalid due to the termination of the Terms of Service.
2.7 Term and Termination
2.7.1 Huawei Cloud Anti-DDoS service can be used as of the date when you enable the service and terminates when the service is terminated according to laws or the terms of this service.
2.7.2 The service is terminated if any of the following happens:
18.104.22.168 You and Huawei Cloud agree to terminate the service through negotiation.
22.214.171.124 You seriously violate the Terms of Service (including but not limited to: a. You fail to make the payment in accordance with the Terms of Service, and/or b. You seriously violate the commitments you made in the Terms of Service, and/or c. You seriously violate laws and regulations). If any of the preceding items happen, Huawei Cloud has the right to unilaterally terminate the service with no refund made to you.
126.96.36.199 Due to changes in Huawei Cloud's business policies, Huawei Cloud terminates the services under the terms of document by publishing an announcement on the website, sending a notice on the appropriate page of the website, or sending an internal notice or written notice to you 30 days in advance.
2.8 Liabilities for Breach
2.8.1 If either party breaches the terms of this service, the party shall bear the liability for breach of contract according to law.
2.8.2 If the service becomes unavailable for 72 consecutive hours due to Huawei Cloud reasons, you can terminate the service. This item does not apply to non-Huawei Cloud reasons.
2.8.3 In any case, the total amount of liability assumed by Huawei Cloud for breach of service terms shall not exceed the total amount of fees that Huawei Cloud charged from you for the service corresponding to the breach.
2.9.1 The customer agreement, privacy statement, acceptable use policy, service description, price description, and the terms on the subpages of https://www.huaweicloud.com/intl/en-us/ are an integral part of the Terms of Service. In the event of any inconsistency, the Terms of Service shall prevail. For matters not explicitly stipulated in this Terms of Service, the agreements you have signed online or offline shall prevail.
2.9.2 Huawei Cloud has the right to transfer all or part of the rights and obligations specified in the Terms of Service to Huawei Cloud's affiliates by publishing them on https://www.huaweicloud.com/intl/en-us/ or sending you a web notice or written notice thirty (30) days in advance.
2.9.3 If any provision, by its nature or otherwise, should continue to exist at the termination of this Terms of Service, it shall be deemed to continue to exist, including but not limited to guarantee clauses, confidentiality clauses, intellectual property clauses, applicable laws, and dispute resolution clauses.
2.9.4 Under the Terms of Service, all notices sent by Huawei Cloud to you can be made through web announcements, web notices, emails, SMS messages, or written letters. Such notices are deemed to have been delivered to the recipients on the day they are sent.
Updated: September 7, 2023